February 12, 2014 § Leave a comment
Aboagora – Between Arts and Sciences 2014
Chaos and Cosmos
Aboagora 2014 discusses the multiple understandings of “chaos” and “cosmos”. Cosmos is not understood only as an “explanation of the world”, but also in a wider sense as order. Order and disorder – cosmos and chaos – are not mere counterparts, but sources of meaning for human creativity and construction and deconstruction of the universe. They are paired categorisations, where one cannot exist without the other, yet the boundary between chaos and cosmos remains ambiguous. Aboagora will approach the interminable task of understanding multiple conceptualisations of chaos and cosmos by looking at the newest developments in cosmology, physics, big data, aesthetics, creativity, culture, religion and mythologies. Aboagora wishes to explore this extremely rich subject, which has been an inexhaustible ground for artistic and scientific exploration throughout the history of humankind.
Aboagora “Chaos and Cosmos” takes place on 12-14 of August 2014.
Location: Sibelius Museum, Piispankatu 17, 20500 Turku.
February 12, 2014 § Leave a comment
Falling Walls Lab Turku 11 August 2014 in Turku, Finland
We would like to call your attention to an innovative scientific format for young researchers – the Falling Walls Lab. The Lab is a platform for excellent academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines who get the opportunity to present their research work, business model or innovative project or idea with peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has 3 minutes time on stage!
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The winners of each international Falling Walls Lab qualify for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin, which is held every year on 8 November and is closely connected to the annual and international renowned Falling Walls Conference, taking place on 9 November. At the Conference 20 top-class scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research answering the question “Which are the next walls to fall?”.
The Falling Walls Lab Turku takes place on 11 of August 2014 at Sibelius Museum, Turku Finland. Applications can be made through the website www.falling-walls.com/lab by 15 of July 2014.
The three most intriguing presenters will qualify directly for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin. Travel costs and accommodation are covered. Also, all participants of the Finale receive a ticket for the Falling Walls Conference.
In order to spread the news of the Falling Walls Lab Turku to the most excellent candidates, we would greatly appreciate if you could forward our call for applications to young researchers and professionals within the networks of your institution.
The Falling Walls Lab is a non-profit series of scientific conferences, which aims at building and fostering interdisciplinary connections between young researchers; apart from their own travel costs, participants do not pay any charges. The Falling Walls Lab is a cooperation project between the Falling Walls Foundation and the global management-consulting firm A.T. Kearney.
Call for Papers
Application is open for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines!
Share your innovative idea at the Falling Walls Lab, win a scholarship and TRAVEL TO the Finale in Berlin!
• Present your research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today – in 3 minutes!
• Convince a top-class jury with members from academia, research institutions and business.
• Exchange insights on an interdisciplinary level with fellow researchers and professionals.
• Get involved in exciting discussions and network with excellent scientists and professionals.
Who can Apply
• We are looking for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines.
• Master students, PhD candidates, post-docs, young professionals, scientists or entrepreneurs are invited to apply.
Application & Deadline
Application deadline: 31 May 2014
The Falling Walls Lab takes place on 11 August 2014 at the Sibelius Museum, Piispankatu 17, 20500 Turku, Finland. Start: 11 am
Win a Scholarship and a Trip to Berlin
A distinguished jury selects the winners who
• travel to Berlin on 8/9 November 2014
• qualify directly for the Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2014 as one of 100 international and interdisciplinary participants (travel costs and accommodation are covered).
• are awarded a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2014 where some of the world’s most prominent scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research in 15 minutes each.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet about the Lab: #FWLab